View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 07:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default our experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxxu View Post
I agree with lurk that sometimes we don't get much benefit from Sinemet, sometimes none at all especially when eating some protein foods not "planned". This is a big problem for me because you cannot give up meat, fish and those with good nutritious resources you need. Does MP interfere with any common protein food? Is this the reason that you take the MP at the same time with Sinemet if MP does interfere with protein? Thanks/Will
We are unfortunately in that group of people who can't eat so much as a cracker without it interfering with sinemet. Early on we tried to skip eating all day, and that did give our best effect with sinemet, but that is just not possible to sustain. Who can go without eating all day so their sinemet works, day after day? We couldn't.

Enter mucuna. We can have oatmeal, a salad, toast, even a breakfast taco or sandwich, and the mucuna will still take effect. Obviously the heavier the meal the longer the mucuna will take to hit, but unless we've eaten a steak and basket of fries, we can actually eat and still get benefit from mucuna.

This is our experience, though, and everyone is different. I personally believe there are compounds in mucuna we don't know about that impact its efficacy. I'm no chemist, but I do know how we feel when we take sinemet and how we feel when we take mucuna.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eds195 (09-08-2017)