Thread: cramps
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 06:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh, Liza Jane. I sure can relate.

Coping with motor problems has caused me to adapt in not-so-good ways for years. And in recent weeks I have been coping with a similar problem, but it is the right side of my lower back (opposite of the worst side, so the right has been doing all the work). Can manage during the day, but night time has been a bear.

I've been getting help from a woman who is very good and is helping my body to at least try to do the right thing. And in working with her I have discovered some bad habits I can do something about.

Upping and upping the doses of calcium and magnesium, and getting lots of potassium in my food.

Now that it has eased quite a bit, the pillow between knees helps somewhat. Been trying that and every possible contortion to keep from having to spend all night sitting up.

The magnesium I had been taking was in tablet form (citrate), but the powdered form of calcium and magnesium I'm using now seems to get through better (a little diahrrea, whereas I have never had any with even larger doses of it in tablet form). Not sure it is making the difference, but I'm sure not willing to take a chance!

Also started taking bromelain and have become more diligent about the glucosomine/MSM. Anything that is safe!

Wishing us all a good night's sleep!

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote