View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 11:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrik View Post
Well, that just creeped me out. I'm not big on snakes. We have rattlers all over. They stay hidden too. We once had a black Mexican King snake in the yard. It must have been 5 feet long. It was huge. I found out that they help keep rattlers away. I don't remember how as it was a number of years ago, but they are good snakes to have around. I chilled out a little when I heard that.

I don't like scorpions either. Those little guys are sneaky!!!! They hid in dark cool places. You know, the places you never think to check. DD27 got stung once when one was hanging out in her shoe. Needless to say, she didn't go to school that day. The own home we lived in had a number of them due to some nearby construction. They all migrated from the construction site. I had a friend tell me to get a black light and look for them at night. I never did because I don't think I would have every slept again. We learned to check our shoes and clothes carefully before putting them on.
Evidently a number of King snake types are immune to rattle snakes bites and will eat them if they can.
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (09-08-2017), Starznight (09-09-2017)