View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 05:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Still no surgery date, we're living on eggshells in case the fragile routine I have with my pain under control fractures. I'm seeing the General Surgeon on Thursday 14th, we know the op isn't the 16th or 19th so perhaps it will be the following Saturday. It's hard for these surgeons to free their time up so I just have to be happy with how things are going. There are days when I wonder do I really need it, I can't recall how bad the pain was, or much about the difficulty in walking, I just know it happened & it was bad. And I know the scans don't lie, there is a real danger of the spinal cord being compromised should I even fall over. I feel giddy a little when I think of the number of falls I've had these past 12 months...
I do have some good news, my job brings me in close contact with many treatment providers, one group has offered me FOC post surgery recovery program it's worth considering in the big scheme of things, a physio & physiologist will work with me & develop an exercise program to will help me all they can achieve maximum medical improvement. I am a big fan of their serivices & refer my clients to them all the time. I feel quietly chuffed because I was going to ask them would they consider doing a non WC patient & was I able to pay for their services. Of course I will have to declare it and go through the clearance etc with corporate office (it's a gift) and even if I can't take them up on it at least I know it they will be willing to assist me and I can pay them.
So it's just a waiting game here, got mums hearings aids on trial, wow technology is amazing. I can ring mum on the phone and talk to her, I haven't been able to speak with her on the phone in over 3 years. I cried the first time we tried it in the hearing aid office.
eva5667faliure (12-07-2017), ger715 (09-09-2017), PurpleFoot721 (09-08-2017)