5 yr Member
Default Neuropathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zygopetalum View Post
Per WebMD, its listed elsewhere too.

Infrequent side effects of Synthroid oral:

High Blood Pressure
Weight Loss

Sorry, I missed the second page and didn't see that the Synthyroid had already been suggested...

I don't want to be an alarmist but I developed neuropathy when I was taking Amlodipine (Norvasc), I don't know if it caused it because other meds trigger it too for me but it did get somewhat better when I stopped. If your neuropathy gets worse consider that it might be playing a role, its a listed rare side effect. Don't eat a bunch of grapefruit or drink a lot of the juice, it isn't supposed to affect the metabolism of that particular calcium channel blocker but I think it did for me.

judi
I have had cancer with two re-occurrences. When I was going thru my treatments I was put on Amlodipine Besylate 10mg. I'm not sure exactly when but I developed severe Neuropathy in the bottom of both feet. I would like to know where your Neuropathy is and how you determined that it was caused by the Amlodipine ? I'm thinking of contacting my Dr. about this. I wish I had of seen this before. My bottle does not mention anything about Neuropathy as a possible side effect.
WarrenD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote