View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 07:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey.
I went outside walking late, felt dizzy and got annoyed that i'm still dizzy when walking, but then i went to a pub and took one beer. Tasted good! But i'm taking it easy with alcohol. But i think it was 4 months since i drank alcohol now! 4 months. One beer made me relax a bit, but i went and it closed a while after so i did not drink more then one. 3 would had felt nice, but might have become very dizzy when walking. So one is enough.. Or two.
Anyways. I'm wondering why i have read that people should avoid alcohol after a concussion?
I get that it is not good the first week, or two. But it has been 1,5 months for me now and i want beer.
Is it ok to drink beer? Lets say 5.2% beer, or weaker.. 3,5% beer. Is that ok if one takes it easy and not get drunk, or fall..
I bet they don't recommend it because people can fall. Or if not, why have i read about it?
(Why do they recommend to avoid it right after one. And for me it's been a long time now, but not yet fully recovered. Hmm. I think the answer might be just to avoid more accidents to the head and not that it affects the brain too much negatively in small amounts(?))
It can be good for the nerves sometimes. Small amounts of it. I have never been a big drinker.

Thanks allot neurotalk forum for your knowledge, and help on questions, etc.

Edit: Also, this is starting to annoy me that i still feel dizzy when walking so i might try and go to the gym in a week. What can happen if i work out hard or try and start slow? Is that really negative?... It's not like a blood vessel in the brain will pop i guess..(?)
Better then drinking beer i bet. I feel like punching on a boxing bag. or just try and work out some! The brain should adapt to that! Might even be healthy i don't know. Or if i start walking every day and my brain needs to adapt and not feel dizzy when walking. Rest can't be the best option all of the time. I need to move also and adapt naturally. I need and want to feel better then i'm feeling now. It might work to try and go to the gym and start slow... Might even be good. that or just try and walk every day, because that annoys me the most when i get dizzy just walking. Peace out
temporary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote