View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 03:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Also, think about your daily activities. What are some things you CAN'T do because of your condition? For example, I cannot take a bath every day (no showers at all)...only once or twice a week. I cannot change my clothes every day because of the pain in dressing and undressing. I cannot brush my hair. I sometimes skip meals because I just can't get up to make them. My daughter has to be in daycare because I cannot care for her on my own all day (lifting, bathing, changing diapers, etc).

Also think about ways you have had to alter your daily activities or routines because of the condition. For example, I sometimes have to get up and take my daughter to daycare, but afterwards I need to rest for several hours before I can do anything else. I can grocery shop, but am limited to 20 minutes on my feet and can only get enough to fill the child seat in a cart because otherwise I can't carry the bags in. I cannot go out in bad weather like rain, winds, or cold because of the extra pain it causes so I have to alter my schedule accordingly (also important because I would not be able to work a job because I would have to call off on these kinds of days). If I DO go out in that weather...that's it for the day...I'm done and won't be able to do anything else for the day. I have to wear certain kinds of clothing that are not necessarily work appropriate because of my needs.

Not saying you need to tell your doctor ALL of these types of things...but be ready with some examples to help explain why you are disabled and unable to work. I hope that helps.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-09-2017), PurpleFoot721 (09-09-2017)