View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 05:14 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Catra, you explained what is going on with me, too. Sometimes after the gym I am able to go to a store for a few items, but more often than not, it's too much for me. I need to rest. I am not all hyped up and energized afterward at all. Like you I often sleep in my clothes and only shower 2x a week, because it's too exhausting. Or I hang out in my pajamas, because regular clothing is too constricting.

I seldom wear make up anymore and I chopped my hair off so I would not have to deal with it. Even with a wheeled stool to sit on and manuever putting myself together requires energy I don't want to squander. I limit the number of times I climb the stairs each day.

Compared to being completely bedridden I am much, much better, but I do not have the stamina to work, as much as I would like to. I have been emailed several great job opportunities, all requiring driving more than 15 minutes and requiring 25 hours of labor per week. My 4 1/2 year old car has 10k miles on it, because I have been unable to drive much since 2014.

Plus I cannot do any prolonged sitting or standing. I have to lie down with my leg elevated for hours every day. I rest between all activities. I told this to the WC doctor, but that's not what he wrote in his report.

With photos I showed the lawyers that before this I got family houses ready for sale, including putting in floors. I can barely clean one bathroom now. My husband does the cleaning. Sometimes I empty the dishwasher. I put a load of laundry on in the bathroom next to my bedroom and I wait in bed until it's finished. I cannot climb a ladder. I won't walk in my yard, between the chipmunk holes and the acorns it's too dangerous.

In the past I painted, but I cannot do it. We had to hire painters to repaint my livingroom and diningroom. I had to hire someone to help me get my house ready for my daughter's wedding. She needed help with her wedding flowers, something I could have done easily in the past, but since I couldn't I had to ask other people to assist her.

My daughter, who is pregnant, dragged me to look at baby strollers. I was worthless. I had to sit and watch while she took them apart, folded them and assessed them. One tour around the outer part of the store was too much. Frankly, I was also overwhelmed by the size of the store. There were three stores right nearby that I had been wanting to see, but there was no way, but home.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote