View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 09:53 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Woohoo... looks like Irma at least won't be yet another smack in the face to us... fingers crossed that Jose as well will avoid coming this way. Sending out prayers to all in their paths,though I feel a little bad keeping a few to myself... MRI gave decided confirmation on what the doctor already knew, the rotator cuff is torn and quite the tear(s) and its causing inflammation to the muscle fibers as well (no wonder why my right arm has been hurting non-stop) so surgery will need to be done, regardless of the spasms, not doing so will only lead to continued pain and further inability to use the arm. And since it's also leading to pinching of several nerves and decreased blood flow.. it's one of of those pain aside, needs corrective surgery or I could lose my arm.

But with 2 hurricanes coming in from the Atlantic who knows when such a surgery will take place... so... fun right ....

And just another small update, my father in law made it through his surgery and is doing better than the doctors had expected though far less well than those without COPD and diabetes. So he's still in ICU, but the doctors are highly optimistic that he shoupdated be well enough soon for them to biopsy his lung next to see what's going on with the lesion they found there. My father also made it through his cataract surgery well, and next week we'll be down in Gainesville overnight (barring Jose messing things up) for another scan of his throat, determination of radiation, chemo, or both, and follow-up on his eye. Then the following week I get to go see the neuro-surgeon who will be putting in my baclofen pump, and as I said Irma has kind of messed up any surgical follow-up for my shoulder so dunno on that one.

But hey I got to see my GB for 3 whole days, and spoiled her rotten the whole time lol. She's with her daddy a lot more and while I don't personally care for him, he does right by my GB so all personal feelings get left at the side of the road when it comes to her and he has about the same feelings about dealing with me as well so we can get along perfectly when it comes to the GB, anything else and all bets are off lol.