View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 11:06 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBased View Post

Plus I cannot do any prolonged sitting or standing. I have to lie down with my leg elevated for hours every day. I rest between all activities. I told this to the WC doctor, but that's not what he wrote in his report.
Bio,
Although I did not go through worker's compensation for anything CRPS related, I did have to hire a lawyer when I went through SSDI. Having to deal wit WC in the past, I know that they are two entirely different things and require different approaches to argue what is needed for your sake. Hiring a good lawyer can make all the difference and if needed, find ways to argue with WC to get your needs met.

When I went to my hearing for SSDI, the occupational therapist that argued the case against me reported that there are no jobs that I could do solely on the basis that my foot needed to be elevated above my waist level much of the day. This is what my lawyer thought of and is something that I never would have thought of if it was just me arguing my case. Write all of these things down and tell them to your lawyer when you find one you are willing to work with. It's quite often the little things like this that can continue your WC coverage if you should have to go to mediation. A good lawyer knows this and should be better prepared than you would be by yourself.

I was not able to afford a functional capacity evaluation at the time of my hearing but another thing that my lawyer gave to me to have filled out instead was a CRPS Medical Source Statement that was to be filled out by any doctor that I had a long standing history with. The judge that heard my case took that in place of a FCE.

I hope that things get straightened out for you soon. I am sure the added stress is not doing you any good.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-09-2017)