View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 08:46 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

No, bush or tree anywhere near the house, so... nope it crawled up the doorway or rather slithered up the gap between the door and jam. And I have one cat we let out and one house cat... neither works to keep away the snakes . But even with my fear of the legsless wonders, i don't wish to kill them all... i just don't want them inviting themselves into my home or slithering through my lawn, sunning themselves under my car's tire (on my side of the car!) I don't go trapsing through their homes or yards and just wish they would offer me the same curteousy.

It's not like I cleared the woods and built my house here and now am upset the snakes are in my yard... it's been here for a long time, but like every other animal around the snakes seem to think I'm a haven for them. Since it's not only snakes coming up to and onto my porch or even waltzing in the front door.... oh no! Every stray dog and cat knows to come here, birds, mice, rats, squirrels, raccoons, possums, lizards, turtles, deer even (thankfully the alligators haven't found me yet or followed me home at least, I have come across the odd few...)

I have a flower garden yes, but it's not like they're plants that are supposed to attract anything more than an odd humming bird or butterfly, and yet the deer love to hang out here, wild pigs as well and I live in a subdivision! Granted there's not much "city" to kingsland ga, but it's not the kind of "country living" where you should have to fear finding a wild pig rooting around your walkway in the middle of the afternoon. Or that leaving the front door open while you bring in groceries in the evening will lead to a three hour chase around the house trying to get a possum (or 5) chased back out the door.

But the deer, birds, lizards, turtles and all I can deal with and have no issues chasing a family of possum out of my house, or patiently waiting for the odd pig to move off (never try to shoo one they're mean buggers) but the snakes! the snakes I just can't handle

(And I've tried mothballs that was a record year for snakes in the yard... don't use them if you don't LOVE snakes)
PamelaJune (09-10-2017)