Old 09-10-2017, 01:09 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default My dear friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Eva, my tears have been dry this week, they've just returned in a vengeance reading this passage. My heart is breaking for you and yours, I pray Coriasa gets to hear you have people across the world who know her through your passages and we know she is more than just another pretty girl looking to find herself.

Life is not easy, today's world offers so much more influence than what it did in our day. Millennials' lives are forever impacted by this social media intrusion on the younger members in our circle of influence, they who have encountered parental separation, abuse, death and so much more. Not so dissimilar to what we encountered but somehow made worse by the "normality" of it social media has given it. It's as if it's inappropriate to grieve for what's gone wrong or hurt in their lives & the only appropriate approach is to act out, turn to alcohol or drugs. I'm not oblivious to the obvious - so did many of us, or our loved partners but we knew in our hearts it was wrong. The wrong friends who aren't really friends but just people they've met in passing or through someone who knows someone and are therefore merely associates on social media just seem to encourage the opposite of what we would council.

Sending you lots of virtual hugs, know you and your loved ones remain in my thoughts

In another passage I will tell you more of the young lodger we now have living with us, suicidal our first day back from holiday & where I had to drive out to fetch her back as the cafe owner phoned me to say I've got her by her jacket, how quick can you get here, she's incoherent but intent on throwing herself into the traffic, yours is the last number she phoned so I've got you, can you help....
I hear you
And you certainly heard me
You are so on point
It is a different world
And we know it to be true
Retuning my love and hugs to you and yours
Me
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (09-10-2017), PamelaJune (09-10-2017), PurpleFoot721 (09-10-2017), RSD ME (09-10-2017)