View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 11:02 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
Gerry, I think you were due for some check ups mid August? How did they go and are you in less pain than a few weeks ago? You have so much to endure and it seems as we more often speak on other threads you have a turtle husbands like me. I hope you are feeling somewhat better after the disastrous patio plant watering episode, where his pain will no doubt recover quickly, yours will remain. DB complains of his elbow recently, I think he has tennis elbow, what can I say, I'm doing more than anyone else in my shoes would be doing, but I've noticed these past few mornings he has begun to thank me for my help so I know he is grateful.

Pam,
The GI doctor's office called; wanted me to see doctor; then schedule Colonoscopy. I have a Sept 27th office visit with GI doctor whom performed my first colonoscopy 5 years ago and discovered cancerous rectum. Removal of rectum surgery followed, remaining colon attached to a...l area.

Unfortunately the incision from that surgery resulted in 3 incisional abdominal hernias which were repaired almost 2 years ago. Am now dealing with the separation of middle abdominal muscle after the hernia surgery causing pressure/pain abdomen and groin areas.

Not looking forward to colonoscopy. My last one was 3 years ago. I have difficulty keeping down the "stuff" needed to clean out for colonoscopy. Last colonoscopy; just finished my last drink of the "stuff" heaved everything up across the table Also being on opioid pain medication calls for extra cleaning plus daily Miralax. Abdominal issues seems to be more painful than my spinal issues, along with PN leg pain, feet/ankles burning. Just one big mess. Not sure what I am dealing with abdominally. Almost don't want to know.

Hubby's dislocated finger is being held with buddy bands for a few more weeks then sees orthopedic doctor again. His head bruises healing pretty good. After removing bandages from the ER visit a few days later, I needed to clean coagulated blood with proxide to prevent infection. Along with rebandaging when going out or in public.

Unfortunately, less then a week after his fall, I went to hang robe on back of the door hook; which moved. Me, with my numb unbalanced legs titled backwards and hit the back of my head on the pointed tip of dresser, then went down. Felt back of head; blood......Had to call hubby to help me stand back up. He advised how I should hold on to couch to lift myself up in the future. My legs are so weak; can't put pressure on my knees. Impossible to lift myself. Never asked, including next morning "how's your head doing".... Back of Head is healing but very tender if I forget and apply any pressure.

Well; that's about goings on here. I will visit GI doctor Sept. 27 and schedule for colonoscopy.
As you mentioned about DB becoming more grateful....after my getting a bit upset about lack of any compassion and letting hubby know how I felt; he has been a bit more supportive as well. Hope it continues.

Pam....onward and upward we keep on going........

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (09-11-2017)