View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 11:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I know it feels like a lawyer is just another person to deal with...but trust me dealing with a lawyer who has a vested interest in getting you $$ is better than dealing with WC who have a vested interest in saving themselves money (ie...not getting you treatment). If this lawyer isn't for you, find another one. You don't want to lawyer hop too much...but you do need someone you can trust especially with the details because that's where you will win or lose the case. No matter how many lawyers you have...the CAP they can get TOTAL is 20% and they will split that based on how much work they did/didn't do.

I know your anxiety is off the charts...I totally get it and have been there...but you have to TRY to keep a level head because when you are upset, stressed, etc...you will do/say things that you can't take back that can be used against you by WC and send the wrong message to your doctors. Good doctors SHOULD understand this...but they often don't because they've never actually gone through this. Have you considered seeing a psychologist? Many pain doctors have one on staff or that they can refer their patients to and that will also help you deal with the anxiety and stress (plus more documentation for your case and that's always good).
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-12-2017), PurpleFoot721 (09-11-2017)