View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 11:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Also...my current pain doctor has never seen me at my best. It doesn't matter if they see your worst, best, etc...they are supposed to treat your as you are. You will never be at pre-accident levels unless you achieve remission...but that doesn't mean you can't work (and I'm not saying you can do that now). A doctor's job is to evaluate your current situation and treat where you are NOW. It's not a comparison...you will always fall short of your former self and that is the truth....you need to accept that. But any good doctor can evaluate your current self. It's important when you see the doctors that you talk about NOW...not a year ago, two years ago, ten years ago...what are your symptoms right now, what are your limitations right now, etc. Again...I understand how hard that is...but it's the most important thing to focus on is right now. They'll ask for your history and you can go over everything in the past then...and then move on to NOW and where you want to be (what are your goals from treatment). Be realistic with your treatment goals and even break them down into smaller, attainable parts. This helps you work WITH the doctor to reach goals.

So sorry, really, for everything you are going through. I have been through it (am still going through it) and I know how hard it is. Always here if you need to talk...you can always message me too.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-12-2017), PurpleFoot721 (09-11-2017)