View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 01:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
The experts do not recommend rest. They recommend normal sleep at normal times. The research studies show that rest after 48 hours is detrimental to recovery.

It was long thought that rest was always good until they did the research. I heard about the study from an expert who gave a presentation at our local neuro rehab hospital. She explained all the latest research about sleep and rest after head injury. The injured brain needs good blood flow to improve. Rest or even naps that are not full stage sleep just leave the brain clogged with toxins.

You appear to mix up many different concepts. Activity is good and important to the point below symptoms. Conditioning exercises to build cardiovascular or muscle condition is not recommended until all symptoms are recovered. The difference is intensity and whether you push to muscle break down. Muscle break down causes blood chemistry that is not conducive to the brain continuing to heal. Again, toxins in the blood.

But, sounds like you have your own ideas about recovery.

I don't row fast. I do 22 to 24 strokes per minute at a 200 meters per minute pace. It is refreshing and leaves my legs a bit wobbly for the first few steps. I get people who will sit down next to me and whip out 34 strokes per minute for 5 minutes. One guy can do 34 strokes per minute for 10 minutes. But, he is about 5'4" and built like a fire plug.
Hi again Mark. I thought about the study you read or knew about. About rest and 48 hours and all you wrote about. ( detrimental to recovery after 48 hours made me skeptical, because i need proof in life..) I became curious and want to read the scientific study on what you wrote. Can you link it on here?
Or website, etc. But the study or research in pdf would be cool. I like science. But new to this with concussions, etc.
Thanks. Peace out
temporary is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote