View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 11:10 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

I made sure to check out both lists before posting. One list did not have any current info on San Diego and the other did not have any San Diego Drs. at all.

I will continue to do Google searches and search through these threads, but I figured I can also just ask questions. Sometimes its difficult to research something when you don't know much about it to start. Like, I was sent to the neurosurgery department, but should I be considering a vascular surgeon? How would I have even known to ask this question? I agree with you. I'm leaning towards vascular... But it took me a few weeks to get there. And now I've come across neurovascular.... hm...

As for PT, while it is the recommended treatment for nTOS, it does not help with vTOS/aTOS. Nevertheless, I have been (and still am) in PT for 2 years specifically working on this problem. Why not? I also have nTOS. Maybe it will help with that. I have also tried Chiropractic, postural correction, massage, trigger point, acupuncture, TENS, etc. And I will continue to do whatever is suggested to me that doesn't seem too dangerous. If a reputable person tells me to sit out in the woods for 3 days with a poultice of herbs on my neck singing cumbaya, I will try it if they really think it will help. Someone wanted to try "energy work" on me the other day. Whatever. What could it hurt? And really I've been in PT on and off for this problem for about 30 years, I just did not know that's what I was working on at the time. My house is filled with all sorts of failed "tools" that I have purchased over the years.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm not one of those just give me a quick fix, surgery happy people. Actually, I am quite adverse to having someone slice into me and cut out my ribs. I really think that my ribs belong on the inside of my body. But I also do my research and I listen to logic and reason. If that is really the only way to fix this, then that is the only way to fix it. However, it would be nice to find someone with a little bit of knowledge and experience to do it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
BFPengi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote