Thread: Having a Plan
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 07:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Having a Plan

As most of you know...the last few years have been pretty tough for me since my fall off the ladder. Many times I have felt like I was just hanging onto my sanity by a thread...just waiting for SOMETHING to give one way or the other.

Last week, I found out I won my LTD appeal...and it's got me feeling like things are finally breaking out of their holding pattern. I'll be changing insurance companies over the next week and they supposedly are approving the DRG treatments (remains to be seen if they approve mine...but I have to get it first)...so I am trying to get all that taken care of before my next dr appointment on October 5th so we can try this again. My PT is done (pool therapy) and while I wait for doctor's appointment/new treatment I have gotten a membership to our local fitness center that has a heated arthritis pool (warmer than a regular heated pool) so that I can continue doing those exercises in the water. And all of a sudden yesterday it struck me that I am feeling really happy and hopeful for the first time in a long time. It's amazing how just having goals and a PLAN have changed my outlook on things...like now I have a sense of control over things (small things) and suddenly life has started moving forward again instead of being in this awful holding pattern.

Just wanted to share with everyone because even though my pain is still bad...I'm feeling optimistic for a change.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (09-14-2017), Nanc (09-20-2017), PurpleFoot721 (09-14-2017), RSD ME (09-17-2017)