View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 01:09 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporary View Post
Hi mark. Thanks for your answer!
Yeah, well. I can skip alcohol then until i am back to normal. I don't like that drug even. But ocassionally i can drink beer...
Good to know. One beer will not have a negative impact on me, but i mostly wanted to know how dizzy i got and i got dizzy, but i did not push it.
Will stay away from it a while. I will not drink beer then to get buzzed, or drunk.
Good to know. I agree It's a poison. I don't get agressive towards people when drinking. I can normally put on hard rock instead. Or cry sometimes. It only happens when i drink sometimes.. Dont know why, but thats how it works on me. Or i get happy it all depends.
But i will listen and stay away from it until i feel normal when walking..

I get worried sometimes that.. "What if i would feel like this for life. I don't want that/this. Would be very hard/though to have these symptoms all of my life."
But that is in my head. I sure do hope it will go away eventually! I don't want headaches/dizzy walking/foggy, etc. I want to be clear headed again and feel like before that stupid skateboard accident. Hmm.
But i need patience. It might be good in a month and 10 days. 3 months total.

I can ride a bicycle and it feels alright when i have tried it. But as i wrote.. The walking bit annoys me sometimes. I also Kinda have a hard time accepting how i ****ed up like that in a skateboard pool.. Without an helmet that particular time! But i need to accept it. It was clumsy, but **** happens i guess. Wish i would not been that clumsy and i would enjoy life more right now. Still love life, but this is no fun at all the situation...
Pardon, im rambling. But i need to accept how and that it happened, and i need to think more positive. Have more patience! And stop worrying this is permanent. That will not help, and i might be fully healed in time. Might just take a while. Meditation. Acceptence. Recovery. And i'm alive! Could have died also, so yeah. I should be more grateful.

Anyways! Thanks mark, and rowing machine sounds good! If exercise like that don't affect my recovery i could perhaps try it out. Rowing machine is quite tough though after a while. Before this i would sometimes row nonstop for like 30-40 min and yeah, that is good.
But i would take it slow if i started now. Or i can do push ups at home maybe.. Good that you mentioned muscle tension in the neck. I need to get my computer in a better place soon. Doing yoga for neck tension sometimes...
I got back pain since 3 years ago now and have not fixed that yet. Tried gym last year, but i can manage the back pain. Yoga is the best for me. Doing yoga for that at home.. Sometimes.

And alright. If symptoms shows up after exercise like those headaches i can wake up with once a week after 8 hours sleeep.. After not doing much the day before i will avoid it. Sometimes have a headache where every heartbeat feels in the head or when i walk, but not every Day. Thankful It's not that often i wake up with those and the Day is rest..

But i could also just "practice" longer walks... Then the brain needs to adjust and It's just me walking.. Rest, sleep, walk a bit.. Rest sleep.. Walk a bit.. Then it should go away the dizzy feeling eventually. And i can get a vestibular assessment if this persists more then 3 months...
Anyways. Thanks for the answer. Keep it up! Rowing is good for the body. Peace

Edit. Here is an awesome yoga video if anyone has neck pain or back pain. Thought i could post it. It has helped me Anyways.
Yoga Stretches for Back Pain Relief, Sciatica, Neck Pain & Flexibility, Beginners Level Workout - YouTube
When I saw the optimism in your first post, saying that you might be as good as new after a moderately severe concussion I knew you were setting yourself up for disappointment. Unfortunately, you will never be as good as new.
brandnewconcussion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote