Thread: Seeking hobbies
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

It's Red Heart Super Saver Stripes yarn. Probably one of their better efforts at making a self striping yarn. Nice and squishy as it works up. The stitch I used is granite stitch.

I have about four other scarves in other colors and styles of yarn that I'm using the same stitch.

I like the Red Heart Stripes yarn because I get nice color changes, and I don't have to cut the yarn and add on a new color to get it. Less finishing too. I used two skeins for the scarf in the pictures. All I had to do for finishing was to weave in the tails at the beginning and end, and then the tails where I added on the second skein.

I would like another colorway that isn't so much of a rainbow, but maybe using two or three complimenting colors that switch around every once and awhile. I need to buy some of another type of yarn that I think Red Heart also makes. It was an striping ombre yarn. I just haven't seen any yet.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Starznight (09-15-2017)