View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Roxie, I don't think it's very likely?

here's a Q & A at the CDC web site -
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/west...a/symptoms.htm
Because I'd been active with large and small animals prior to my onset, I had all the ELISA Tests done, and it wasn't either West Nile [I was I guess a 'trial' testee for that test] and Lymes'...Both were negative.
I would bet dollars to donuts that it's your docs' way of justifying for extra tests that are not usually done, but which ARE on Liza Jane's list. Keep in mind also, that testing for Lymes' or West Nile, the results are very 'iffy' in their reliability.
I speak from a serious awareness...West Nile has been around my region since the get go, as has Lymes'. We have someone in my area recently hospitalized with the 'encephalitis' aspects of it...the individual lives less than 5 miles from my house. It's the first case in the county in 3 years...last year my state had about 8 cases and it's a big state [tho not as big as Texas]. Bug repellants, even the marigold based organics, I'm learning, are not only worth using but safe.
If this is the way to get lots of tests done and checked off YOUR LIST, go for it....I hope it's only a reaction to either the patch or to the IVIG... Try both again? Hope you find some relief and feel better! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote