View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 12:32 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnewconcussion View Post
Well, its clear you have an optimistic outlook, judging from your username too. Going unconscious for such an extended period is terrible and reflects rather significant brain damage though, you should be undergoing therapy at a hospital. Smutsik, who gave you advice, hit his head on a metal beam and felt no symptoms for days, making his a "mild concussion", and is still suffering badly from the symptoms. Your injury seems to be several orders of magnitude more severe.
I'm not sure about which impact of mine that you are referring to as the first concussion I sustained 1,5 years ago was against a window sill and the more recent one against a ceiling, but in both cases I felt substantial symptoms immediately. Maybe you have me confused with someone else?

I can only speak for myself, but I'm hoping for a complete recovery. I still have trouble with noisy environments and being around people but I'm currently managing studying sociology at university at full speed. It might take years before I'm fully (or as good as fully) recovered but I can't be sure that my healing has stagnated until I'm in the grave. I feel like the mentality regarding one's recovery has to be one's own.

Slowly returning to the life I had before.
smutsik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote