View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 02:28 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

As you note, sleep is an issue. I bet that even your better nights sleep are not as beneficial as they could be. Full sleep does not mean good sleep. Quality of sleep makes a huge difference.

Your environment can make a big difference in ability to focus and remember. Too much distraction can interrupt the storing of memories.

I have lived with limited short term memory function for 17 years. Life can still go on. It takes a lot of effort for me to remember what I have done the previous day and sometimes just this morning. At one time, I'd forget to do the paper work after using the toilet. I had to learn to purpose to remember to act. I cannot rely on subconscious direction.

The key concept to work on is quite simple.

We need to learn to "Stop to think" That means we need to shut out the distractions so we can receive information and process it and store it to memory if needed.

Regarding your self hits. It does not matter if they were concussions. You can't change what happened. Defining it with medical terms does not change anything. The only thing that matters is now. How are you choosing to live a better life without the self-harm ?

I'm at 14 concussions, one was very serious. LOC, slurred speech, hospitalization.... But, I look at them as contributors to my condition not definers of my condition.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dumb bell (09-27-2017)