View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 04:57 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I am so sorry that you are suffering this way Kelly.

I've had two medical stressers. The first was an 8 day hospitalization several years before my son was born. I had
a huge GI attack of a twisted intestine. I had many tests to determine if I had appendicitis, gall stones, etc. It turned out I had a twisted bowel, and after further more tests and consults it was determined to be inoperable. Slowly over that testing hospital stay I started to recover since the pinched area relaxed and they didn't know how to do a surgery for it anyway. Then it was called mal-rotation. But now we know it was HAE --hereditary angioedema. This latter diagnosis came after another "attack", a huge reaction to the blood pressure drug Lisinopril.

When I came home from the hospital the first time, I was sorely depressed but the SSRIs were not available then and the older Tricyclics were not offered at that time. I could hardly walk then and I was left on my own. So I had to learn the triggers that occurred for me, and set me off into another attack. I took an unpaid medical leave, and finally took some art lessons at the local art association, and had fun there and recovered. I quit my stressful job and went to University art training but did not pursue another degree. Just had fun and relaxed the sensitive GI tract.

I became pregnant when I was 34, and after my delivery I was in a huge attack, with Kevin being a preemie and a C-section, my attention was elsewhere and diverted so I didn't think about my own discomfort much. But I did cry alot and I mean ALOT. My husband's cousin was an emergency room nurse, and explained that some reactions and tears really come from a place inside our brain that is adjusting to trauma of the body.
It is part of the healing process, and necessary, and so I didn't complain about my tears and just rode it out. Thinking back on it, I am glad I didn't demand the tricyclics (Elavil). Some tears are therefore helpful and necessary, but if this period continues, then you can bring up anti-depressants. If you are religious, it might be better for you to arrange some counseling or visits by a social worker or psychologist, etc. for a brief time. This works on the brain and can be very healing in its own way.

Doctors do not heal the soul, or mind really. They give drugs or surgeries, but the soul still suffers and for that you need a helper who works to heal differently from a doctor.

Give yourself some time, and stay open... somewhere there is a
solution to help you adjust, but it may be a little while in coming.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (09-17-2017), Starznight (09-17-2017), Twinkletoes (12-03-2017)