View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 03:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No they haven't even mentioned recovery, how long I will be in hospital, or off of work. The 2 main surgeons Neurosurgeon & General have made it clear the surgery is proceeding because of the hairbreadth distance between the pedicle screw and the spinal cord otherwise they would never contemplate it. There is every possibility they get in and have to back out without achieving the Anterior fusions or removal of the screws. I have had to sign legal waivers to agree to the surgery.

It just amazes me with all our advancement in technology and imaging, they can't see from the outside where the blood vessels are. That's the big problem, the last few stomach surgeries I had, I bled out on the table, it's why I have had over 27 blood transfusions. So the bleeding out is a significant problem and the heart is the other problem, I've had 3 heart arrests in my life time directly attributed to anaesthesia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Obviously you have a lot going on with your surgery; but most likely the doctor was trying to let you know recovery may take a little more time than one would hope; but wants you to be aware of this fact up front. Gerry
eva5667faliure (12-07-2017), ger715 (09-17-2017)