View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 11:42 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROPPIES View Post
I have chiari malformation and have been decompressed last year September but my Head Neck and Shoulders arestill in so much pain is thereanybody that can help me please.
HI, first I'd like to say welcome to the zipperhead world. I had my decompression 11/18/2005. Everyone is different and the healing process takes time. You will always heal on the outside before you do on the inside, remember you had brain surgery, not a root canal. I'm going on 12 years and still have pain, but nothing as excruciating as it was before I had my surgery. Do your exercises, physical therapy and some light massage if the doctor allows it. Make sure you don't tighten up, that will make for charlie horses or tight muscles and can sometimes create more pain, which can make for pinched nerves or tendons. Yoga, or light exercise. Don't overdo it, and take things easy, but you need to not sit around and do nothing. Believe me, I know first hand. 2 steps forward and 1 step back. It gets frustrating, but you will overcome! No one will exercise for you, you have to do it on your own. You know yourself the best. Oh, and aqua therapy was wonderful for me also if you can get that. Best of luck to you! By the way I was Type III 22 and 25mm herniated. Be the best you, you can be!
tamara1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (10-07-2017)