View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 07:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused 5-MTHF supplement

Hi! I'm hoping someone can answer a question for me. My holistic doctor just started me on methyl-guard from results of blood and urine testing.
My b12 blood levels have always been high but my urine levels of all b vits were low. I think if I understand it correctly my body doesn't break done b vits to get them into my tissues so the supplements I take end up staying in my blood.

My question is the methyl guard has B 6 in it. 20.6 mgs. When I told her I'm of the understanding people with neuropathy should never take B6 she said that wasn't true and this low dose was fine for me to take.

What do you think?

She also put me on SPM Active to lower inflammation. Does anyone take this? If so does it work? My cortisol levels are a little on the high normal side and I think she said this may help bring them down. It's very expensive!
I didn't sleep the night before I saw her so I can't remember a lot of what she said.

I've been in a flare. ( I was before I started the methyl guard) Will these supplements make things worse? I haven't started the SPM. I wanted to start one at a time plus I have IVIG this week and don't want to interfere with the benefits of that.

Any help anyone can give me is appreciated.

Thanks hopeful
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote