View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Daniella, it's all about learning

learning what your CURRENT 'circles of comfort' are, and expanding those 'circles'! You now know that you CAN do more, it's now about learning how to balance the widening 'circles' to be able to do more with less long-term pain! When we hurt, our instinct is to 'keep still', and we pay a price in so doing....we lose abilities to balance, muscle strength and just lose out on lots of life.
Now, YOU have to speak up as you are learning your limits? I've found in PT, that changing exercises from say 30 reps of X, Y & Z twice a day to 15 reps of same 4 times a day gets just as good results with less pain...Talk to your therapists about it...listen to what all your body is telling you about what you perceive your 'problem' and 'danger' points during exercises are. Talk to them! I bet they will listen? I sure hope so! I know you are comitted, it's now a matter of how BEST to approach and DO it all!
Hang in there! You won't be back to 100% in a day or week, it takes WEEKS and weeks of effort...but you CAN get THERE! Don't give UP! Got IT!
Have some 's during the painful process - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote