View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 08:03 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

It does play on your mind when any symptoms that could possibly be related to rabies present. Especially in your case and mine with our biology backgrounds, "A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing." My original degree was Dental Hygiene, and of course later I studied TCM. We are attuned to signs and symptoms, diagnosis, and remaining open to all possibilities that could cause those signs and symptoms. When our children were small, I worked 3rd shift as a nursing assistant in a hospital (to keep the children out of daycare.) When I had that job I learned the truth of the addage "Doctors make the worst patients." They DO lie in bed and ruminate over their illness, self diagnose, and are extremely anxious and contentious, questioning everything. The exact behaviors that they discourage in their patients. I don't know how long this rabies experience will nag at the back of my mind. I've kind of drawn a mental "line in the sand" for myself at one year out, Christmas Eve, the date of my bat bite. Every Christmas Eve I celebrate for the rest of my life is going to be extra special. Still having some nerve pain in the left leg, needles and tingling in the soles of my feet, and the occasional myoclonus as I fall asleep, but at least I'm sleeping well, no siezures. Keep on, keep positive, hang on to the solid logic and test results that indicate that things are going well.

Last edited by Batbite24; 09-20-2017 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Grammar
Batbite24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote