Thread: skin cancer
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 03:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default skin cancer

This information comes from my experience. For those who have been taking prednisone, cellcept, and Imuran for extended period of time you need to see a skin doctor every 6 months. I started with basil cell a number of years ago before my MG. I was diagnosed with MG in 2009 and was warned about the effects of these drugs by my neuro-muscular doctor. He put it this way; he said it was a matter of the quality of life I wanted. At that time I was 69 years old. Well I got 8 years of good life before this skin cancer thing started.
I have had 8-10 squamous cell removed by knife. A word of caution MG does not like lidocaine so he uses as little as possible mixed with saline. In March of this year he removed a large squamous on top of my head. My MG went nuts and I was in hospital for 8 days. I was shaking so bad I couldn’t eat or drink. At the hospital they discovered my electrolytes were very low. After 2 days of IV treatments the shaking stopped. I came home with a walker and had fallen 18 times. There is always a plus to these things. While the hosp ran all those scans they discovered a small cancer in my lung. Guess what it was squamous cell, that has been radiated and just waiting on results. Oh the hospital doctor wanted to remove it with surgery but my panel of neuros said no way.
My latest visit to my skin doctor gave me 4 squamous and one melanoma. Now it’s getting serious. I did discover that basil and squamous can be removed with radiation which no one told me until now. I even asked my skin dr about this some time back and he gave me a vague answer. Melanoma can be treated with radiation but they don’t have enough data to show how effective it is.
Wow longest post I ever made. Sorry it’s so long but hoping someone will benefit from all this. May all your days be bright and beautiful.
Mike
pingpongman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (09-20-2017), FREDH (10-09-2017)