View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 04:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anagirl View Post
Hi Sim
Thank you so much for sharing this information. It's wonderful to hear! I'm so glad you are doing so well. Your story is very inspiring. I am the same age as you and diagnosed at 38, although I had symptoms a couple years before - so we are on a similar path. I am still doing ok - although I have met with the DBS Dr's and had a long consultation. It's definitely in my future. I know everyone reacts differently, but it's wonderful to hear your story! Keep up the great work in the gym!
Thank you very much dear Anagirl, you are very kind, but also very wise.
In fact I was also willing to try anything, and I really tried everything but not dbs surgery.
I was very frightened at this idea, I thought I could not succeed, but when you have no other option, an unexpected force arrives and you say okay, well I do it because afterwards I'll be fine as I didn't remember anymore.
The truth is that currently, dbs surgery is the only viable exit path. For those who are not candidates, for example age ..., the other alternative, though more laborious, remains the duodopa with PEG.

Born in 1969, diagnosed PD in 2007, first symptoms 2004. DBS in July 2016.
sim00 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anagirl (09-22-2017)