View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 04:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Bloods done for pre match crossing and cell packing? Something to do with the fusion cage. As usual couldn't get a vein, if they would listen to me they'd get it first pop. Mid underside of the forearm, yes its tender but it delivers every time. Nope they have to go for the elbow crook (both) & then come back to looking at my arm & im saying & pointing right there. She goes to get another venapuncturist & says this ones really hard & I have to go do the wards, puff & she's gone, new lady comes in, I point & say please use a butterfly & take it from there, so she looks at me & says it will hurt & you will bruise, I said it will but if you don't go there you will exceed the limit of tries you're allowed in one day & this has to be done today for surgery Monday, in she goes with a butterfly and voila, 4 tubes later...she says you must have had a lot of blood taken to know exactly where. Yes.... my mum used to be a venapuncturist & right up until she retired, she used to take my blood whenever it was requested (worked for a cracking pathologist Dr Cohen) & never had to have more than one go, & always from the preferred spot. Looking back my mum was jolly good at her job.
ger715 (09-21-2017), kiwi33 (09-22-2017)