View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 12:56 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Awaiting results

Hi everyone, I've been lurking on this forum and other websites for about 2weeks now. Happy to see there is a nice online support forum.

Two weeks ago i went to an ophthalmologist due to bouts of double vision. I experience it the most in early morning and at night. Sometimes to the point where i would drive with one eye closed. I assumed, at 40, my vision was just getting bad and i needed glasses. To my surprise the doctor ordered an MRI and blood work and said he believes it to be myasthenia gravis. My vision is still good.

Since the docs assumption of MG i've been hyper focused on any potential symptom. I'm more the quiet type that suffers in silence until i know 100% i need help. Then i get yelled at. Anyway, i've noticed this past year that yard work that usually didn't bother me now requires me sitting down 2 or 3 times. I've never had muscle failure but i tire a lot easier than before. My hands and feet tingle, kinda numb at the end of the day. Trouble focusing, double vision. I catch my feet on thresholds when i'm tired.

I dont really know if these are signs or if i'm just getting older . Just wanted to reach out and here others opinions. Thanks for reading and the support. You guys rock.

Brodi
brodi3man is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (10-08-2017)