View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 01:43 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

jtoronto,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

Falling back on a bed or pillow should not be a concern for your brain. It may aggravate an upper neck injury that often goes undiagnosed. 80% of concussions have a neck injury component.

Concussions can cause a lots of issues with sleep. But, proper quality sleep at normal sleep times is the most important part of recovery.

Your likely subtle upper neck injury needs consideration. You need to focus on good sleep posture with your spine and neck in a straight alignment. If you are a side sleeper, a thicker pillow to maintain alignment is best. If you sleep on your back, a thin pillow that can be curled up on the side to support your head from rolling off to the side can be good.

If you have inflammation in the upper neck, it can reduce brain blood flow. This can easily cause you to be cranky and foggy brained/delirious.

As I said, the fall to your pillow is not a problem. But, if you get wrapped up in anxiety about every bump and jostle, your sleep will be hampered and your daily stress levels will increase. Both will slow your recovery.

Please feel free to tell us or ask us anything. We have heard it all.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote