View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 10:40 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batbite24 View Post
Hello monkeyman. You certainly have covered a lot of ground on your rabies vaccine journey before posting here. After reading your post I really have little to add or say except that I would really err on the side of caution with invasive testing. Please carefully consider the value of what you might learn from a spinal tap balanced off against potential harm. We all have to live at our own comfort level with these decisions. Wishing you the best with your recovery. It certainly is not easy living with the neurological fall out post vaccine. Still, I've never been so grateful for something that caused me so much misery. Very glad I'm living in a time when there is something that can prevent rabies.
I'm concerned that if I don't get a diagnosis (as opposed to postulating) with the spinal tap, it might be too late for treatment and these myoclonus issues may stay indefinitely.

It seems as though people without acute hypnic jerk symptoms have been able to make a full recovery. As you mentioned, it's tough holding down a career (for medical insurance etc.) whilst dealing with this, so I'm quite eager to pursue anything that will rid me of this curse...if that something was simply waiting to heal like ATXman, I would prefer that route, but I read that Albertakewl is still experiencing them more than two years later...which makes a lumbar puncture a more palatable option than it was, prior to reading this forum.
monkeyman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote