View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

There's so much sarcasm here, I'm not sure what you are saying.

Some patients with MG do not have ptosis. There are articles in PubMed about that. If N-O's or neurologists haven't read all there is to know about MG, then they won't know that. Not their fault, which is why seeing a MG expert is important.

Most MG patients are easy to diagnose by a neuro-ophthalmologist. When a MG patient is worse, both eyelids will droop and not fluctuate, due to how weak the muscles are (no acetylcholine making it to the muscles to move them).

Did you have double vision while the doctor moved his finger? Did he ask if you did? Did he have you close one eye to see if the double vision went away? If the doctor wasn't thorough, then he might be lazy. Who knows, I wasn't there.

Did you just have this appt? What did the doctor say to you?

While I understand your frustration, expressing that while people are trying to help you isn't exactly helpful. I honestly think that you need to see a psychologist or psychiatrist to help you deal with this frustration. No, I'm not saying that you don't have a real disease! But all of us have varying degrees of coping skills and can benefit from talking to someone about how a disease or doctoring is impacting our lives.

I hope someone will take the time to figure out what is going on with your health! At the very least, show you some kindness.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ErinBear (09-27-2017), pingpongman (09-26-2017)