View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 07:39 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

That's the latest "saying" that the risk managers and lawyers are telling doctors to say. "No need to put a label on it." Why? Because if they can't definitively label a disease, that says that it was "so hard" to diagnose and lets them off the legal hook.

But a label is important. If someone has cancer, they need to know. If someone has ALS they need to know. OMG, the ethics alone of his statement makes me want to write a diatribe to him. Well, at least a monologue or lecture.

My N-O was insanely thorough and respectful. And kind. Is this an east coast thing? I've heard of a lot of doctors not treating patients well at places such as Duke. A kind of "We know everything; period" attitude.

"When doctors always think they're right, then care is always wrong." That's one of my favorite quotes (of mine). Arrogance should be defined as a medical condition.

You need to know what is going on. That is your right as a patient. Your other rights are many, such as asking questions! Maybe you should have asked him if he doesn't believe in Yale's Patients' Bill of Rights.

There are ways to question doctors without being mean to them. Being calm and smart is a far better way to counteract their nonsense.

I'm sorry you had such poor treatment.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote