View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 06:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Right. I haven't followed the latest changes, but I remember most Oz vapers buying nicotine free liquids locally and order the nicotine from overseas. It was clever; the shops sold a special mix for Australia only, so the user only had to combine the content of 2 bottles without calculating etc.

However, I also remember giving financial support via Gofundme to Vincent van Heerden, a shop owner who got raided (movie style, with black SUV's) and sued by the government. Reason: a law that was made to prevent the sales of chocolate cigarettes (section 106a of the Tobacco Products Control Act 2006.) was used to accuse him. Absolute madness. He first won, than the state appealed, and it even went to the Supreme Court of Western Australia.

Even though he raised $ 112,000, he had to give up and hope they wouldn't foreclose on his house.

Anyway, it's the reason why I said to check local regulations. When I started vaping it was illegal here to sell (not to buy) other than in a pharmacy (but not a single pharmacy sold them), but since the 2014 EU regs we now even have a vape shop in our tiny village.
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (09-27-2017), PamelaJune (09-27-2017), SecondChances (10-02-2017)