View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 08:50 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
Wow! four years is awful, I'm so sorry you went through that and now have further issues...do you think that the myoclonus has resurfaced in the same areas, or is it completely different this time?

I think that if it stems from a reaction to rabies shots, then it should be considered 'secondary myoclonus.' By that rationale, treating the root cause (with a steroid for example) should rectify the issue.

I'd love to know how bad ATXman's myoclonus was...
With the Cipro, the myoclonus ran along the left side of my body, originating in the left leg and running up the left flank of my torso, always as I was drifting off to sleep. As an interesting aside, it also occurred and was magnified during acupuncture treatments.TCM refers to it as "Running Piglet Qi." With the post rabies vaccination myoclonus, it occurs all over my body, feet, legs, snapping across my pelvis from left to right, across the upper shoulders and down the arms, up the back of the neck, again always as I'm falling asleep. Daytime muscle twitches only occurred for about a two week period and involved the muscles on the front of my neck. I have not had any acupuncture since the rabies vaccine. It's not covered by insurance, and just handling the bills from the M.D.'s was draining on our fixed income as retirees. Now that we're done paying that down, I plan to see my acupuncturist again.
Batbite24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
monkeyman (09-29-2017)