View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 08:48 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Frown Seriously questioning my use of Lyrica

Like so many of us, I've been dealing with chronic, severe pain for longer than I care to remember and as I get older, it gets worse. I've been to several pain management clinics with little to no satisfaction. I was just referred to yet another pain doc and after discussing ALL the meds I had been on that either didn't work at all, or stopped working after a while, she took me off a high dose of Gabapentin and put me on Lyrica 100mg. twice daily. I've only been on it for one week and I think it has helped me, but I've gained 8 ilbs.....IN ONE WEEK!!! I could not figure out what was happening as I blew up like a balloon until I saw my primary doc today and he noticed right away, then looked at the chart and told me that's what it had to be. Now I'm more discouraged than ever. I'm certainly not going to continue taking something that will have me weighing a ton for just slight pain relief. And the extra weight will cause my back to hurt even more. My pain doc did put me back on Norco 10/325 and that does help but not for any amount of time and I really don't want to go down that road of feeling like I need more and more. Has anyone investigated or tried medical marijuana? I know that it has worked wonders for some people but I'm hesitant to go down that road too. I have nothing against it whatsoever, I just wonder if it would be something I could do on a regular basis and find relief. I'm so tired of all this...like we all are. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated and welcomed...sorry for the rant. Just kinda feelin that way tonight
SailinJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (09-28-2017), kiwi33 (09-29-2017)