View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 03:53 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I am so sorry to hear about that, Batbite! About a week or two ago I was in that same boat. Fortunately, my symptoms were more cold-like rather than flu-like. I only had a sore throat, runny nose, minor headaches and body aches. No fever, but I had what felt like mini-hot flashes.

You are completely on point in saying that rabies vaccine situation makes the experience of even being mildly sick so much worse. I spent way too much time researching flu/cold symptoms and rabies symptoms and trying to distinguish. All it did was bring back the panic and the unnecessary fear.

I used the one tool that I could always rely on to get me through it: logic. I called up my local health department, the state health department, and even the CDC. They listened to my situation and all said that I would be okay.

Otherwise, all I can say is power through it. That's probably the last thing you want to hear, but there isn't much else to do. My mind was running in circles trying to figure out how to save myself from some imaginary doom and gloom. Get another injection? Another test? The brain can't seem to realize that I've done everything and rabies is no longer an issue in my life.

I hope you feel better soon, Batbite, and be strong!
peacefulday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Batbite24 (09-29-2017), monkeyman (09-29-2017)