View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 05:06 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Head Pain on Pillow/ Neck Stiffness and soreness

My concussion occurred a month ago when I slipped and fell backwards hitting the back of my head on a turf surface. There may have been some whiplash, I had a little bit of pain but it wasn't particularly bothersome. I've aggravated my neck several times since the initial injury and have developed some significant pain/stiffness in my upper back and neck. This stiffness/pain causes my head to hurt wherever it makes contact with the pillow. This has caused me to wake up after a couple hours and lose 5 or 6 nights of sleep when it's particularly bad.

I've been working with an athletic therapist and a masseuse who have done some hands on work which has relieved the tension/pain each time for a short amount of time. I don't know if the pain is returning on its own or if i've been re-aggravating it by accidental quick neck movements like drinking back vitamin supplements too quickly or falling backwards onto my pillow as i mentioned in a previous thread. I lost another night of pain last night due to the head pain on the pillow and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or advice about the best b=way to deal with the situation. does it make sense to continue seeing the athletic therapist who seems to be fairly well educated about concussions?

I went to see a doctor at a walk in clinic today because i was wondering if there might be a need to do x-rays/imaging to see if there was any damage besides soft tissue damage. She said that she thought it was just muscle stiffness. Might it make sense to get a second opinion? Any comments would be appreciated.
jtoronto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote