View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 10:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Atttempting to find balance....

[QUOTE=john "Often I take fewer, rarely I take more. The trick is to read your body so that you take the medication before it's needed, but in time to come on stream when it's required. For me, basing this on tremor and stiffness seems to work. (I'm trying to develop an automated decision making system, but progress is slow.)
"

John[/QUOTE]

Hi John , Meandpd and soccertese, Hercules et al,

This is very very interesting to me and I am experimenting too.

I find that if i take too much mucuna in the morning my stomach wont tolerate any food taken within 30 minutes of the first dose...so now my breakfast time is after taking first and/or 2nd dose of med which is probably a good thing as I hear that fat in the liver is metabolized with a fast between 6 pm to 12 noon.

If I wait till tremor and stiffness set in to take next dose sometimes I have to wait quite a while for dose of med to metabolize up to an hour. I have had better luck just dosing according to a 2 to 2 and one half hour schedule...and protein doesn't always seem to bother it (perhaps a blood type issue? I'm O- )......but possibly the half and half (with my fresh nectarines) does? (Please don't let it be the nectarines.....tho I do love whip cream .....
) also I notice taking an effervescent form of vitamin C with small quantity B6 and vitamin E sometimes helps to activate the med...basically i'm struggling with consistency but necessity is becoming more an issue commanding me to pay closer attention and to discipline myself more carefully. Also I notice I do generally better in the Spring time.....making sense of the various cycles requires a lot of attention that seems to come very naturally to you! I notice my appetite changes also with the seasons as well as sleep patterns (which are sensitive to moon cycles!) which also may impact how med dosing goes as it seems I do better (med activates faster and smoother) following a good nights' sleep.

My med regimen is just one half pill of 10/100 sinemet and a 100mg LD capsule of mucuna...several times /day Do you notice you use up the first morning dose faster? and I'm thinking i could possibly experiment with taking just mucuna for 2nd dose though in the past have not been succesful with that. Also, i'd love to find a specific variety of cannabis that could possibly replace the sinemet...tried CBD oil (no THC)...find it great for strains and bumps from falls but not for bradykinesia and proprioception deficit. sigh...

Thanks for your posts and great thread too! any suggestions welcome...
Kind Regards,
Moondaughter

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla

Last edited by moondaughter; 09-30-2017 at 11:57 AM.
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
johnt (10-01-2017), MeAndPD (01-30-2018)