View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 10:43 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Three cheers for getting your surgery! I'm an abnormality I suppose though since I would far rather discuss sex with my doctors (even male ones) then anything at all concerning the bladder and bowels, including simple gas . I even asked the neurosurgeon (male and first appointment) straight up, with my mom sitting beside me, if there were any positions from the karma sutra I might be able to try during the 2-4 week recovery period. But it took me over a year to tell my female neuro I was having issues with the odd dribble.

I'm not to a point yet of requiring more than a panty liner but my doctors will likely hear far more than they want to about my sex life long before I might speak to them about needing depends or wanting to try a medication to help. Which is messed up, and I know it is, but for all I lack a filter in most any other subject under the sun, to where no one who knows me thinks I can be embarrassed or uncomfortable talking about any subject, bathroom habits...that's one that just exists outside the realm of my very very large comfort zone. And still I cover even that up with brash jokes.

All the same, I truly hope the surgery goes well for you it might unnerve me a bit to discuss it in depth, but I can well imagine the trouble of dealing with it even just physically.
bddouglas (10-02-2017), Kitty (09-30-2017), msbluis (10-01-2017)