View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 02:12 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I think that the pain is either on the skin or between the skin and my skull. I find it difficult to tell exactly.When I'm lying directly on my back with my head straight, the pain is where the base of my skull meets the top of my neck which I think is the occipital, as you mentioned. This is essentially where my head makes contact with the pillow. If I turn my head to the left or right, I feel the same kind of pain but higher up on the skin/skull because a higher portion of my head is making contact with the pillow.

It might be relevant to mention that the pain is not there every night. it seems to correspond with the times when my neck is especially stiff or sore. Each time that I've had a difficult night with that pain, I've seen either my AT or a PT or a masseuse and the next night has generally been better. The pain has returned after a day or more but again, I'm not sure if it's returning on its own or if it's because i've re-aggravated the neck.

I will look into finding a Physiotrist and an Osteopath who have experience with whiplash.

Aside from the neck pain/whiplash I am also dealing with the regular concussion related symptoms. Although it is unpleasant to have a sore neck and lose sleep, I'm most concerned with how the neck issue and poor sleep are affecting my brain recovery from the concussion itself.

If I had some other questions to ask, not related to the neck pain, should I ask them in this thread or ask a new one?

Thanks again, Mark. I really appreciate your input.
jtoronto is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote