View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 02:32 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batbite24 View Post
For between 4-5 months the myoclonus was every night, then it began to taper off in frequency and intensity. The siezures didn't begin until 5 months out...so strange. Now at 9 months out from the bites and 8 months out from completing the vaccine, I haven't had a siezure for almost 2 months. The myoclonus is all but gone, however physical over exhertion, and stress do bring on an episode. I'm over whatever "bug" I recently experienced, but during the illness the myoclonus returned pretty strong for two nights. It's interesting that you mention detox tea and bentonite. I've wondered if physical exercise might release neurotoxins of the vaccine from our tissues back into the bloodstream. With my multi chemical sensitivity, the only things I can use to help my liver out with toxic overload are dandelion root tea, or fresh lemon or lime juice. I've been having one cup of the tea every morning and juicing one or two limes every afternoon. ATX_Man mentioned vitamin D. For many years we have supplemented with vitamin D3, and our Doctor monitors our levels with regular blood tests. Since the vaccine reactions began, I've also begun taking a teaspoon of cod liver oil every morning, again, with our Doctor's approval. In composing this post I looked over my journal notes to get the time line correct....it's been a long and awful journey. No, we were not warned of side effects, just told the typical, "This vaccine is given to children too, and there's usually never a problem." I don't know how much success you'd have with a lawsuit, as there is very little (actually no) choice in the matter of treating rabies exposure, and I think the HRIG is part of why the treatment is so successful these days. I hope you begin to experience some serious improvement soon.
Its interesting what you mentioned about exercise releasing the neurotoxins into your bloodstream. I've started running around the neighborhood again (something I haven't done regularly since before the incident). Since then, I've noticed the nerve pain in my hands and fingers (particularly the finger that I got bit on) coming back. I'm also having headaches, but that could just be from the changing of the seasons. I also drink hot tea once or twice a day, but it isn't detox tea.

As for the suing, I would agree with Batbite that it's probably not worth your time. To be fair, it doesn't cause these awful side effects in the vast majority of people that receive it. We are a minority within an even smaller minority of people that had the rabies shots AND had major post-vaccine side effects.

Also, I'd like to say that even though this whole process has caused me and so many of us to suffer, I am so thankful that the vaccine and HRIG exist. Maybe the HRIG/vaccine isn't necessary for the majority of people with "potential" exposures. But I know for a fact that the cat that bit me was rabies positive. For me, there was no cost-benefit analysis. Like Batbite said, there is no alternative treatment.
peacefulday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote