View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 03:35 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Keep your posts in the same thread. You may not realize how issues can be related.

It sure sounds like your pain in topical or skeletal. As I said, it takes a very long time for the nerves in the skin to heal. They can remain sensitive to touch for months.

Has your AT or PT mentioned the value of icing ? You have inflammation that is causing problems. Anti-inflammatory meds, aspirin, ibuprofen, etc. will help. But, you need to use them consistently.

If the pain returns after a period of being free from pain and stiffness, you are re-aggravating the injury. Poor sleep posture is often a cause but head movements can also be a cause. Some ATs and PTs push for range of motion. This can trigger symptoms. Many do best with minimal range of motion until improvement then start to work on regaining range of motion.

You really need to find that comfortable sleep position where you are not tempted to move to find a new comfortable position. As I said, in the early stages, I did best with a recliner. My wife commented that my facial expression when sleeping in my recliner was peaceful. When sleeping in bed, my face looked stressed. I felt more rested in the recliner. Some find an adjustable bed helps. More people have access to a recliner than to an adjustable bed.

What are your 'regular concussion related symptoms'?

Poor sleep can be causing them.

Thanks for using the Post Reply button.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote