Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 08:45 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Corey put the drapery rod up yesterday afternoon and I ironed all 4 curtain panels and put them up… I am NOT happy with them. They are very thin and look like they would be more appropriate for a college dorm room than an adult bedroom. And because they are so lightweight, and hung by grommets, the cats could easily move them out of place if they jumped up to look out the window… so no guarantee of privacy, which was the point of putting up the curtains in the first place.

I had a coupon for "20% off your entire purchase" at BBB that expired today, so I went out to look for new curtains. I didn't find any I was in love with, so I went to Sears and the JC Penney Home Store to see what they had to offer (nothing but $*** BTW). I ended up going back to BBB, but they didn't have 63" length in either or my first 2 options…

I'M TOTALLY NEUROTIC, so I couldn't make a decision and was in there for about an HOUR trying to decide between 2 different sets. I sent Corey pictures, but he was of no help, so I was on my own. Eventually, I asked another lady shopper if she thought one set looked cheap or not. She said no, so I decided to purchase them, but I won't be satisfied I made the right choice until I iron the new curtains and put them up. Even then, who knows…

I would go back to BBB AGAIN today, but Corey would probably have me committed lol.

Sometimes I have a really hard time making decisions, and get short-term buyer's remorse, but this was is on a whole other level. You'd think it was a life or death decision… I think it's safe to say it's a product of the episode I've been having. It was misery. I will see how I do today, but I will probably call my pdoc tomorrow and talk to her about raising the Rexulti to 2mg.

The new curtains are heavier and darker than the other ones, so at least they are an improvement, and I have decided they are going up in the bedroom no matter what. I have a nickel plated curtain rod and want Corey to put it up in the kitchen so I can put other curtains up in there. The curtains are black, so the set up will match the black/stainless steel appliances. We won't be closing the curtains in there, so the issues with them won't matter.

Hopefully when I post tomorrow, all I'll have to say about the curtains is that I'm pleased with them
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-06-2017), Dmom3005 (10-01-2017), mymorgy (10-01-2017)