View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Frown I’m so grateful you’re doing this...it needs to be addressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triviafriend View Post
Gosh my ego is a bit bruised...lots of views of this page, but no one posting. I hope if you have a similar story, you tell it here, even briefly. Reading posts from others who were suffering was some of the best recovery medicine I found (which is why sharing is the cornerstone of the 12 Step Movement). But even if you are just reading, I hope this thread helps you!
Thank you so much for doing this....I’ve not intentionally gotten off Lyrica but have missed just one dose at times and felt like HELL...extreme nausea, headache unlike anything I’ve ever had, and that’s only the beginning but those two were by far the worse! I have neuropathy in my toes but I’ve decided that is not enough to warrant putting up with the weight gain. I’m terrified about getting off the drug but I’ve read some really good things about both titration and things to do/take to help with the symptoms like Benedryl and sugary drinks. I’m a recovering alcoholic and hated the couple of times I had to withdraw off the alcohol but at least it only lasted a couple of days and I don’t remember it being near as bad as the ONLY ONE DOSE I would miss and want to DIE! Ugh. If you have any other tips since your post in 2015, I’d so appreciate hearing about it. I take 150 mg at night and tonight will be my first night weaning and I guess I’ll go down to 100 mg since the capsules I take are 50 mg a piece. If anyone has any other suggestions, PLEASE respond! I’m really scared and dreading this.

Thank you all,
Momoftwobeauties
Momoftwobeauties is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote