View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 01:28 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
Thank you for your insight, Batbite, that's quite the journey!

Mine hasn't really let up since the first month, unless I use RX. Without them it seems to be more or less acute depending on whether I'm stressed/exhausted from poor sleep the night before/had some herbal remedy trigger. However, I have been exercising (walking/jogging) because I heard it can mitigate it with serotonin.

Thanks, peacefulday. That makes total sense. I guess that's why I even brought it up, because it was more of a precaution in my case.

It was total luck to find this forum, but that doesn't mean this is a very rare issue. Check out the WHO site (who.int/rabies/human/complication/en/) on rabies reactions. 6% have an adverse reaction, but if all of us are having trouble getting a proper diagnosis to report, just imagine what the real % might be...

I'm not even from America, but I've lived here long enough to have my fill of those RX commercials spewing every possible side effect in case they get sued ('tell your doctor about our drug, even though you may get the sniffles or lose an arm'). Now just imagine if these rabies shots were widely used and there weren't any warnings...

I wonder why no doctor has suggested a steroid for anyone else's reactions? It was the first thing my neurologist said to me, though he does want to do this spinal tap to be sure, because of the potential side effects.
O-ho! Don't know where you're originally from, Monkeyman, but indeed, welcome to America where medical care is all about $$$$$$$ for the insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies...where doctors who truly want to practice medicine for the benefit of their patients have their hands tied by government regulation (in lock step with insurance and pharmacy)...where those who dare to question the status quo and practice integrative alternative medicine are persecuted unmercifully, where for the sake of control and profit the government wants to take away your right to choose what happens to your body. Boy-oh-boy! Did I ever want to sue after what Cipro did to me!!! Look into and do some research on the damage quinolone antibiotics have done to people's lives...it's beyond nightmarish, but Johnson & Johnson et. al. have their collective butts covered by little black boxes, which you better darn well read and make an independent decision no matter what the doctor told you. I don't think there's a country in the world with ideal health care, but it would be so wonderful if all would "first do no harm" and put a decent moral conscience before dirty greedy profiteering. AMEN!
Batbite24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote